After breakfast, we decided to take a little day trip to another side of town that is very touristy and has lots of food options. We had lunch, I bought a few souvenirs and something for the village trip I'm taking this week and then we headed back into our part of town. I knew that FATHER had placed it on my heart to share Palmer's story with "Sara" and when I tried on Friday, she was not there. I took that as a sign from DADDY that I was not ready. Today I felt like I might be and I was just going to go and trust in HIS timing. I sat and waited for her at her shop because her nephew was watching it while she went to her apartment to grab some lunch. I felt like I was sitting there forever and began not feeling well. I'm pretty sure I have not been drinking enough water lately and am on the verge of dehydration...guess I've cried too much? Anyways, I was contemplating leaving but I very much felt FATHER telling me to simply WAIT.
And so I waited...and waited...and waited. And then she came and she had a male friend with her. When she saw me, I saw a very sincere look of compassion and I was reminded that Megan had come by and visited her the day before for me since I wasn't feeling good and she told her the basics of what happened. I then could piece together that she was telling him what happened in her native language. When he left, it was silent and she went next door and bought me a Fanta. ha! It was a hot day today. It was then quiet again and I could just sense that she wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about it or not but I did. So I began.
"My friend's name is Palmer." She looked up at me and repeated his name in a quiet, sweet voice. I asked her, "Remember my BEST friend Scott that I showed you the picture of? He and Palmer were VERY CLOSE!" I then began to describe to her who Palmer was and what he meant to me. "Sara" had told me earlier in the week that she was searching for peace and so I told her of the peace that Palmer had because of his relationship with the FATHER and told her of the peace I feel. I said, "Remember the story I told you last week? I told you how the SON told his followers, 'If you believe in me and follow me, I will give you a life that never ends.' and I believe in my heart that because I know that Palmer was a follower, he inherited that life that never ends and He is there with J now and he is loving every minute of it. I have peace that I will inherit that same life that never ends and together, Palmer and I will worship FATHER together FOREVER!"
She listened intently and so I asked her, "Sara, are you still searching for peace?"she said yes and then she had a customer walk in. When her guest left, I asked her how she finds peace when she needs it. She gave me very vague answers and so I asked, "Does it work?" She pretty much gave me a "mehh" reply! "Sara, when I was younger, I knew about FATHER and I believed but there was something missing. It was like I was empty inside. I kept doing good things to try to fill the void but I always felt empty. Finally, someone shared with me about actually having a relationship with J. When I decided that I wanted to follow with my whole heart and that I wanted that relationship, J came into my heart and it was like that hole inside of my heart was now filled with peace. Peace that never leaves." I then told her I had a gift for her.
Back in the fall, Robin Popplewell had us to go Wal-Mart's parking lot one Sunday morning instead of Sunday School to try to just talk to people. He gave us these copies of the NT and I'd never had the opportunity to give mine away although I knew the time would come. This copy had a page that had references to different verses that help in sharing the TRUTH. I handed it to her and then showed her what it was and how to use it. I went through and showed her the Gs and told her what that meant and these four men were followers and they wrote these books about J's life. I went through it and told her about what could be found in it and then began going over those verses that were listed in the front page. I kept going over the meanings of the verses and repeating myself at least 3 times with each to make sure that she understood. It was a beautiful conversation and I now have to trust in the power of HIS WORD! I told her to read it and that if she had any questions, I could answer them and if I do not know the answer, I will find it! :)
After that I went home, grabbed a shower and headed to house church fellowship. A friend who has served here before is in town visiting and she came in and gave me a big hug and said, "Stacy told me to give you this!" That's when my composure was gone!! We sang several but the few that spoke to my heart most were "Our FATHER is Greater", "Blessed Be The Name" and of course, "It Is Well". It's funny because Robbie was leading and I don't think he even knew what had happened at that point. It's so weird because I was unable to get through most of the songs just because I'm not sure I've felt so much hurt for a loss and for my dear loved ones in Maine who I wish I were with but I'm on the other side of the world! However, when Robbie began strumming "It is Well", I've never sang with so much passion in my whole life. I've never meant it like I did tonight! It's beautiful being able to be with other followers and sing praises to HIM!
Today I felt refreshed! I felt like I was finally moving forward and back focused on why I'm here! Palmer made an impact on my life and I want other people's lives to continue to be impacted by it. So I intend to share about this sweet friend of mine who, I know, is just getting the party started and enjoying his time while he waits for us to join!! :) Please continue to LIFT UP all of us who knew Palmer and who are grieving this loss. However, It's not a loss at all. Knowing Palmer was a gain and knowing that He is with my ultimate comforter, healer and BESTEST friend (sorry Scott), well, that's a gain too because I will be partying it up with him someday!! LIFT UP my sweet friend "Sara" and that the power of DAD'S WORD will do a mighty work in her heart! THINK of Megan, Jess and I as we will be taking a village trip this week. We leave Wednesday morning (your Tuesday night) and will be gone til Monday. We will be flying part of the way and hiking the rest. ASK for strength, endurance and good health! Thank you for your constant love and support!!! :)
<3 C
No comments:
Post a Comment