Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm A Good Catch!

Since only 1 person truly follows my blog, I feel the liberty to write whatever I want. I'm into this boy. He's not just any boy, he's a pretty awesome boy! I mean, if he wasn't a great guy, I would not be attracted to him. Physically, he's attractive but not necessarily the "type" of boy I would usually find myself interested. However, it's his heart that makes me melt. He loves Jesus and loves serving Him in various capacities. He encourages me in my relationship with Christ on the daily and I know he is always praying for me in my areas of ministry. He's a great friend of mine and that is where the complication comes about.

When I began praying about this situation, I felt God telling me, "Don't worry about it!" See, I know this boy is a man of God who will prayerfully and actively pursue the woman he feels God is leading him to date. So why should I worry?

So, my friends think I need to tell my friend that I'm interested in him. I disagree!! His friendship is very important to me and I feel like since I know that he will pursue the girl he wants to date, me telling him I'm interested in him is only going to make things awkward! I don't want that! Therefore, I am not going to tell him.

The ladies at the BCM are doing a bible study on the book, "Lady In Waiting" by Jackie Kendall. Last week, we were asked to read the book of Ruth for discussion this week. In reading about Ruth and her determination, obedience and rewards, I found myself wanting my life to reflect those same characteristics. I loved reading where Naomi is trying to make Ruth go back to her people and the scripture reads that Naomi realizes that Ruth is determined. Determined...which makes me smile at the thought of my dear friend Micah Grooms who has called me the most determined 22 year old he's ever met. :) Then my eyes were drawn to the section where Boaz tells Ruth that everyone knows she's a woman of noble character.

It was then that God laid it on my heart again to "Not worry about it!". I have to continue growing in my relationship to Christ and having Him mold me into a woman of noble character. A woman that a true man of God will want to pursue and want to marry. I have to take this time of singleness and strive to prepare myself for the kind of wife I want to be. I know that God has placed a desire on my heart to have a family in ministry and He will show himself faithful to me in His time.

So, no I'm not going to tell this boy that I think he's the cat's pajamas, the cheese to my macaroni and the most adorable thing I've ever seen! I'm going to seek Christ and have him mold me and refine me into the woman of noble character I've been called to be! I'm a dark hair, green eyed fun girl who loves Jesus and loves serving God in various parts of the world!! I'm a Good Catch! :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should tell him :) Love you Casey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this boy? LOL

    ReplyDelete