Monday, March 15, 2010

Burdened...

There is one thing that never changes no matter how many times I go to Maine. And that thing is the heavy burdened heart that I carry. While walking on Ferry Beach last week and looking at my beautiful surroundings, my heart hurt. As I was walking, I heard my friend Jonathan say the exact words that I was thinking, "How can these people be surrounded by such beautiful creation and not believe?"


That same sentence went through my head the entire day Thursday and Friday as we went to different parts of Southern Maine. After returning, I just kept thinking about all of the people that I know and love in Maine that do not know Christ. On Sunday morning during worship, I couldn't stop thinking about them and hurting for them. I was hurting so much that as the choir and congregation began singing the old hymn, "When We All Get To Heaven", I was unable to properly sing such a joyous tune because my heart physically hurt for the lost people in Maine. When my college pastor asked me how my week in Maine was and I began talking to him, I couldn't even say a word about the week without crying. I shared with him that I'm just burdened for those people and he reminded me that I have been for a long time. As I think about this, I'm reminded of the verse in Scripture that Pastor Mike Hensley shared with my team our last Sunday at South Coast after my first summer I spent in Maine. "God is not unjust: He will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them." Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust. God is faithful. I must continue to help His people, love His people and pray for His people because He will not forget. God is not unjust.

<3 C


<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment