Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ecclesiastes 3:11

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they can not fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
Take a moment to ponder this verse. I attended a funeral today for a good friend's mother. Her mother was diagnosed with cancer just months ago and was taken on the morning of my friend's birthday. I won't sit here with all the why's dancing in my head yet I can't fathom why it was her time to go. A mother of 5, the youngest only 5 years old with a father who is in no shape to have full custody of these kids. These kids will either be split up amongst the family or be under the guardianship of their 22 yr. old sister. Today at the end of the service, I hugged my friend and the only thing I knew to say, "He makes everything beautiful in His time." I came home and read through that verse and looked at it in its entirety. "...He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they can not fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
God has graciously given us the opportunity to accept His love and spend eternity with Him in Heaven yet our little minds will never comprehend all that God has done, how great is his love. We can't sit and wonder how something as tragic as this could truly be God's will when we can't even fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Our God is sovereign, His plan is perfect. If we spend all of our time trying to figure out why God allowed things to happen, our eyes are not open to the answers. God is working all around us, we just don't always have our eyes focused on Him to see all that He has done and is doing for us.


How deep the Father's love for us 
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart

His wounds have paid my ransom

Please pray for the family of Debra Grimes. May the God
of all comfort wrap His loving arms around them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment